Grey Market Pianos

Eliot Lee elee@amug.org
Wed, 07 Feb 2001 23:34:52 -0700

HI,

    I am here in Phoenix Arizona, and don't see why a japanese piano made
for the orient can't do well here, particularly if it has a high humidity
dampp chaser added to it.

    Arizona has an average 30% humidity most homes have air-conditioning
some with humidifiers attached.  The problem here is the homes with Swamp
coolers in the summertime up to 80% with triple digit temperatures.  No
worse than Louisiana or Florida.

    How can grey market pianos be bad there?  I am sure that the humidity in
the southeast is worse than Japan.  Philippines and Indonesia are pretty bad
too.

    What about Samick and Young Chang, these pianos are made for the world,
are they selling different pianos here than in Asia and Europe?

    I can't believe that a piano made for Japan can not do fine here if the
higher humidity is maintained.

    Maybe we should recommend grey market pianos to people with swamp
coolers....

Eliot Lee