Poor man's adjustable plate screws...

Newton Hunt nhunt@optonline.net
Wed, 07 Feb 2001 15:27:31 -0500

> I've seen many a nose bolt with machine threads in the beam. In fact, I've
> got one right here, see? (holding up machine threaded nose bolt) The rest
> of the piano fell down around it, but it held just fine. I don't see a problem.

Hi ROn,

I wondered why you had that on your desk.  I looked at mine and they
are very course machine threads as well.  THey are just overgrown
hanger bolts.

I am pleased with Jim's system because I don't have easy access to
nuts and bolts (except the nuts on the list) so I get what I can from
the internet.

To each their own.  I have seen some thin plate bolts that I would not
trust a machine thread in the rims unless the hole is drilled out
deeper, and then how to you get the shavings out.  Vacuum with a
_skinny_ hose.

Take care and be well.

		Newton