Poor man's adjustable plate screws...

Newton Hunt nhunt@optonline.net
Wed, 07 Feb 2001 15:21:26 -0500

>  (Just speculatin' or is that expectoratin') <grin>

Jim has it all figured out.  He will machine the lag bolt to fit under
the plate and above the board, the allen screw is just long enough for
the cap nut and the choice of allen screw is to fit in the diameter of
the plate hole.

You send him the height of the plate in the original configuration,
the diameter of the plate hole, the thickness of the plate and he will
make the whole thing to fit perfectly.  To me that is worth the $10
apiece.

Just drop the plate in, adjust the height of the plate to within a
gnats aspiration, adjust the height of the nose bolts and cap it all
off.  Done.

Jim says you can take a nut off and raise or lower the plate even
after it is strung.  Now _that_ scares me even though I have seen
Chris Robinson do something similar with the nose bolts.

		Newton