Ball end tuning hammers

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Fri, 02 Feb 2001 21:46:12 -0600

Ok, I confess.

It seems I lied to you all about the shank diameter of my elf made tuning
hammer. It really is 7/16, rather than 1/2". Sorry 'bout that. Rummaging
through my bin of random rod and bar stock, I had grabbed a piece of
stainless steel rod salvaged from some large, ugly, obsolete but once
obscenely expensive piece of data processing equipment. That was after I
had checked out some mild steel 1/2" stock and decided the 7/16 SS was
stiffer. Unfortunately, the wrong part of the process stuck to the inside
left rear quadrant of my alleged brain as a faulty memory of what I had
finally done. Looking at the thing every day as I used it didn't apparently
trigger any sort of belated corrective cognitive processes until now
either. Deeply strange, and I really can't account for it. If I had a
triple redundant mental reality cross check system, I could internally
validate veracity before opening mouth widely enough to accept foot - but
that would seemingly require at least two more brain cells. If that's the
case, I'm doomed.

It's probably genetic... It's my ancestors' fault - but I still like the
hammer.

Ron N