Online speed

Greg Newell gnewell@ameritech.net
Fri, 02 Feb 2001 21:18:58 -0500

Check out this site http://www.dslreports.com/ .  Go to the tools button
on the left and press it. Click on the speed test center and then one of
the test sites and when that page loads run the test. You may have to
try many times to run the test because the server is very busy and you
can't always get through. Once you do information will be given on how
well your system did and what to do to improve it. I downloaded a file
that updated a line in my system registry automatically and boosted my
DSL from a maximum speed of 20 kbps to now the highest I've seen is 68
kbps. More than three times the speed!!!! I hope it does as good for
you.

Check the online documentation to see if this will work for regular
modems.

P.S. Thanks for the tip Newton!!!

--
Greg Newell