Off Topic - Info on Plotters

David Stanwood dstanwood@hotmail.com
Sat, 03 Feb 2001 02:12:05 -0000

Hey!

I have an HP 7580a pen plotter and it was fantastic..!
I used it to develop the SmartCharts for Strike Weight Specification
that are sold with the Touch Designer Toolkits.....

I use AutoCadLite for my drafting software and the configuration for this
model is in the manual!  Amazing for a dinasour!  It required Cables that I
made up according to their diagram.  Infortunately when I switched to a new
computer I haven't been able to get it to work.. Need a nerd....

But they are built to last and I believe you can get it working....

The results are quite outstanding.  The work of a pen plotter looks alot
like it was drafted by hand.  They are amazing to watch with the paper
jigging and jagging in the x and y planes...

You can still buy all the supplies you need..

David Stanwood