Bubblejet refills (was Re: liquid protek applicator)

Robert Scott rscott@wwnet.net
Thu, 01 Feb 2001 19:32:58 -0500

Avery Todd wrote:

> Just curious. Have you ever tried those refill things? I've
> considered it but was afraid it might damage the printer.

Avery,

I have had some success refilling InkJet cartridges.  I pushed one
cartridge to its limit with about six refills.  At the end the
print quality was getting pretty bad.  I think the little holes
that the ink squirts out of must degrade with so much use.
Anyway, with only one refill, I notice no change in print quality.
I drilled a hole in the top of the cartridge, refilled using the
applicator, then plugged the hole with a sheet metal screw.

-Robert Scott
 Ypsilanti, Michigan