Dyna2 stripper

gutlo gutlo@bestweb.net
Wed, 31 Jan 2001 20:44:44 -0500

----------
> From: Greg Newell <gnewell@ameritech.net>
> To: pianotech@ptg.org
> Subject: Dyna2 stripper
> Date: Wednesday, January 31, 2001 1:45 AM
>
> Dear list,
>     I have finally tried the Dyna2 stripper I received. Since I
> purchased a gallon I guess that my trial pint was given to someone else.
> I must say that I was rather unimpressed.
>     Tonight I had some extra time (a rarity) and tried a patch slightly
> larger than a square foot. I waited at least one hour as suggested and
> scraped off part of the application. I found that several layers
> remained on the test patch area and will have to be removed later. Not
> long enough, right? I left the remainder for another hour or so and then
> tried to remove that. I found that it removed most of the old finish but
> was rather spotty in some areas. The part I tried was the large lid
> standing on edge with it's long side on the floor. I will say that it
> was great at not running anywhere (vertically applied). I would like it
> to work a little better overall though.
>     I will use this stuff for the case I'm sure since I would rather it
> not drip anywhere but where I put it. I can count on this with Dyna2.
> I'm sure though that it will take more than one application which I was
> not prepared for. I guess I wrongly assumed that I would be done once I
> waited long enough and all would scrape away. I'm thinking of using this
> for tender areas and the caustic stuff for the rest so I can hope to
> finish the project while I still have life and breath in me. I'd be
> interested to hear your results if you'd care to share. There should be
> at least 8 of you out there who have access to this through your free
> pints. Whatcha think?
>
> --
> Greg Newell
> Greg's Piano Forté
> 19270 Harlon Ave.
> Lakewood, Ohio 44107
> 216-226-3791
> mailto:gnewell@ameritech.net
>
> Greg,

Try this:  apply the Dyna 2 with a 3 inch, natural bristle brush as thick
as you can.  Wait one hour.  The finish should be liquified to the bare
wood.

In our recent phone conversation, you mentioned you had applied it with a
trowel.  This would make for an uneven coat, thus a spotty removal.

Arthur Grudko, StarHawk Labs Dyna 2 distributor 845-855-0996