Reyburn RCT computer platforms.

Jeannie Grassi jgrassi@silverlink.net
Thu, 27 Dec 2001 13:51:54 -0800

Hi Joe,
I've been looking at these, but they don't seem to have an internal
microphone.  Do you have to attach a mic when you use it?

jeannie
  -----Original Message-----
  From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf Of
Joseph Alkana
  Sent: Wednesday, December 26, 2001 5:08 PM
  To: pianotech@ptg.org
  Subject: Re: Reyburn RCT computer platforms.

  Rich,
  My current machine is an older Sony VAIO 505TS.  Size is 10.2" x 0.87" x
8.2". At 2.69 lbs it finds a home just about anywhere on a piano, on a
bench, chair, coffee table, floor,  anywhere. If you can find one of these
machines reconditioned I believe it will be well worth the price of usually
less than $900. I never rely on the battery as using the customers
electricity with an .89 cent extension cord serves me well. I'm curious as
to why so many electronic tuners find it necessary to want their machines
located right on top of them? They work just fine a few feet away if it
makes it more convenient to place them that way  for a given piano.
Sometimes you have to move them around just to get a reading anyhow, so
strapping one down with a cumbersome gizmo just doesn't seem handy to me.

  Of course we're all still  * w a i t i n g * for RCT to be available in a
handheld computer. Seems like the next logical machine for me. I'd put my
beer down and go out in the shop to weigh my COMPAQ  iPAC  pocket pc on the
gram scale, but it sure couldn't be very much. Now that will be portability
and convenience!
  Joseph Alkana  RPT
  josephspiano@attbi.com