Rocking bridges

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Wed, 26 Dec 2001 09:43:18 -0600

> At first you pretended to ignore my request; at the second time of asking, in
> red,  you refused to confirm it and at 2:00 PM -0600 12/23/01 wrote:
>

>> Nor is there any reason for me to. With you maintaining that a string
>> deflected by a finger will move the bridge but one deflected by a hammer
>> strike won't, I see no point in continuing.

I consider this to be a pretty obvious and extremely elementary point which I
have addressed extensively. If you can dispute this rationally, now would be a
good time to begin. Yes, I have said what the words in red indicate. If there
is an actual point to this, please make it.

> And nevertheless you _are_ now continuing with your own agenda, twisting and
> turning as ever and trying to get free by making a lot of noise about
> irrelevancies and refusing to confirm or deny that you stand by the views
> below.

If staying with my initial claim that the string moves the bridge, etc, is
twisting and turning, then you have obviously trapped me. If you have any
evidence that I have made claims to the effect that I know what specific bridge
and soundboard movements have what specific affects on piano tone, I'd like
that presented now.

> Either these are your views or they are not.  If you say they are not, then
> you and your friends have quite a lot of words to eat.  In any case, that is
> the basis of this discussion.
>
> JD

When you can produce evidence that I have made the claims you have focused on
to the exclusion of everything else, we can talk about who eats what.

I am still waiting, incidentally, for your URL or any authoritative source at
all describing and demonstrating your contention that the soundboard moves
before the bridge.

Ron N