Universal Bass String Deadness

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Mon, 24 Dec 2001 09:04:11 -0500

I'll have to take note of that because such a tendency would totally =
kill the only reason to use universals. Interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Terry Farrell
 =20
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Wimblees@AOL.COM=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2001 2:15 PM
  Subject: Re: Universal Bass String Deadness

  In a message dated 12/23/01 2:56:27 PM !!!First Boot!!!, =
mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com writes:=20

    Now why in the world would a 6 - 8 month-old bass string in a box be =
useless, and a 20 year old bass string on a piano be expected to sound =
reasonably good?=20

    Terry Farrell=20
     =20

  I think it is the lack of tension on the string. Perhaps more moisture =
and dirt gets in them sitting in the back of my van. I don't know all =
the answers. All I know is that universals more than 8 months old are =
usually dead, or at least not as good as a newer one.=20

  Wim=20