Sound waves(The behavior of soundboards)

Tony Caught caute@optusnet.com.au
Mon, 24 Dec 2001 09:14:50 +0930

Dearest Robin,

In this day and age of spell checkers I am surprised that any one would =
send a post that was not at least correct in the spelling of the English =
word. To make the same mistake 3 times is also quite clever. To not =
check on what you have written before posting is a bit odd.=20
And its time for a bit of brevity in this topic.=20
And yes I am kidding, aren't you ?

Merry Xmas

Tony Caught

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Robin Hufford=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Monday, December 24, 2001 3:30 AM
  Subject: Re: Sound waves(The behavior of soundboards)

  Dear, Dear, Tony Caught,=20

       Now isn't this a rather trivial, unkind, and petty criticism, =
unworthy of the spirit of  this list?  I fail to see how it could =
possibly, usefully contribute to the discussion of the points at issue.  =
As Dale has  pointed out in his post, the fact that he was tired, then =
surely,  it takes no great effort of intellect to suppose the same could =
be the true of John Delacour, and that that, or momentary distraction, =
or numerous other things,  could account for the spelling of none which =
apparently you find of sufficient import and relevance to the questions =
about soundboard behavior to bring you to the point of taking pen in =
hand, belaboring yourself, and posting a reply.  You've got to be =
kidding.         =20
  Tony Caught wrote:=20

    Dear, Dear, John Delacour, Why is Noone stopping Dale from ignoring =
the thread and why is noone making those preposterous claims (as =
highlighted below in your text) Merry Xmas Dale. Tony Caught ----- =
Original Message -----From: "John Delacour" <JD@Pianomaker.co.uk>To: =
<pianotech@ptg.org>Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2001 7:09 PMSubject: Re: =
Sound waves(The behavior of soundboards) > At 9:49 PM -0500 12/22/01, =
Erwinspiano@AOL.COM wrote:=20
    >=20
    > >  Participants in this discussion=20
    > >  I must say I have found this thread more than a little=20
    > >tedious. Has any of you ever occasioned upon a bass bridge =
impinged=20
    > >severely on one end or the other against the plate. If you have =
then=20
    > >this should settle some of this debate. The tone suffers =
seriously=20
    > >without bridge movement. End of discussion!!!!!!!=20
    > >  Dale Erwin--- Sorry real tired=20
    >=20
    > I'm afraid you might have to get tireder, Dale.  Noone is stopping =

    > you from ignoring the thread, just as we're all free to ignore =
other=20
    > tedious threads.=20
    >=20
    > Your argument settles nothing because noone is claiming that a=20
    > restriction of bridge movement and consequently of soundboard=20
    > movement will leave the tone unimpaired and noone has denied that =
the > bridge must move in order for the soundboard to do its job =
properly.=20