Bird-Cages/Fogger/Snide remarks

Barrie Heaton piano@a440.co.uk
Sun, 23 Dec 2001 12:14:11 +0000

In message <a0510030bb84ae7122037@[195.147.233.234]>, John Delacour
<JD@Pianomaker.co.uk> writes

>I'd be very interested to see them.  I have never come across the
>patent tuning system but tuners who have say, like you, that it works
>well.

There was a very good one in the museum at RNC Hereford I think it was
on loan from the Colt collection.

>I looked at the patent for it a few weeks ago in London but took no
>copies.  Next time I'm there I'll do so.  These patents are all in great
>leather-bound books that have to be borought from the vaults and
>copying is a chore.

I use the Leeds library Just give them a name, subject and some dates to
work with say 1700 - 1800 ring them back next day and they will list all
the patents they have, photo copy the ones you wish to have and post
them. My biggest bill   from  them was £15.00 and that was for most of
Erards stuff. Saves a lot of time.

Barrie,

--
Barrie Heaton      PGP key on request           http://www.a440.co.uk/