poll update and "tech-tip"

pianolover 88 pianolover88@hotmail.com
Sat, 22 Dec 2001 09:33:25 -0800

so far, the ETD's have the edge.

EDT's/ears: 39

Strictly ears: 14

If we extrapolate the numbers for the all the subscribers (416), the
percentage is roughly 77% EDT/ears, 33% strictly ears.

I'm pleased to see so many list members replying to my last two original
postings on this and the Birdcage topic!

Now...howabout a "tech-tip" thread! I'll start with one. Getting ready to
remove a wippen, i broke a bridal tape tab. I was surprised because it
appeared to be fairly new, but the tab had dried out and was ready to break
at the slightest tug. the tape itself was fine, as were all of them, but the
tabs were all dried out and would tear, even when barely pulled. So i took
out my 1/4" brush and stroked on protek to ALL the tabs, top & bottom, and
went back to tuning. When finished, i went to remove a few tabs from the
bridal wires, as a test, and VIOLA- they did not break. It seems the protek
was absorbed and renewed the tab making it supple again. I've tried it on
both leather and vinyl and got the same result!

Terry