Birdcage, and Boyd

Clair Dunn cadunn@vt2000.com
Fri, 21 Dec 2001 04:30:08 -0600 (CST)

Bob --
Thanks for the info re Boyd. The serial number of my
prize is 49976. The cabinet is in beautiful condition.
>From what you say, sounds like Boyd was comparable to
Kohler & Campbells here. Good, solid pianos--nothing
special but overall well-made. (For the flame throwers,
I'm talking about the early K&Cs not the fake modern
ones).

Joe hasn't answered yet, so I don't know why the pianos
used overdamping. (That's why I left my original msg. in.

Any guess as to the approx. date for that serial number??

Clair