?Bechstein w/cracked plate

Barrie Heaton piano@a440.co.uk
Thu, 20 Dec 2001 21:27:36 +0000

In message <006301c18756$443efb40$19e7153f@z0w5j1>, Joseph Garrett
<joegarrett@earthlink.net> writes
>Barry,
>I wouldn't touch one with a cracked plate! Let alone try to fix it and hope
>that a lower tension scale would solve the problem. (which it won't!)
>Regards,
>Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)

Sorry Joe just seen your post don't get the time to read as much as I
would like.

I was there to-day he has been offered £700 for it as it stands trade.
I told him to take it...  I have done them before with welded cracked
frames  and they worked out fine with a normal scale but a long time
ago.   However, the guy who did the welding is now pass away he worked
for British Rail welding cast iron all the time, this one is the worst I
have ever seen,  the shop is keen to have it done as the piano only
stands them price of moving it. Done up they will shift it for £12k
aprox $16K lees my whack.

Barrie,

--
Barrie Heaton      PGP key on request           http://www.a440.co.uk/