Bird-Cages/Fogger/Snide remarks

Patrick C Poulson pcpoulso@pacbell.net
Thu, 20 Dec 2001 11:17:30 -0800

Joe: I have no inherent prejudice against birdcage pianos.  Its just that
99.9% of the ones that I have seen are in absolutely unusable condition, and
need complete rebuilding, if such a thing is possible.  When I start
discussing the extent and cost of the work that would make their piano
useable, the owners start getting that glazed-eye look that tells me that
there's no point in proceeding.  The really sad part is that frequently they
bought the thing at an auction for a ridiculous amount of money.  Your
experience must be different. I would be interested in hearing and seeing
one restored, but as yet I have not seen one or had a client who was
remotely interested in having theirs restored.
Patrick Poulson, RPT