Where do I get Baldwin strings?

Carl Meyer cmpiano@attbi.com
Mon, 17 Dec 2001 20:58:45 -0800

you could try www.pianostrings.com

Carl Meyer  Assoc. PTG
Santa Clara, California
cmpiano@attbi.com=20
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: MBrat70179@AOL.COM=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Monday, December 17, 2001 8:06 PM
  Subject: Where do I get Baldwin strings?

  Hi list,

  I can no longer depend on Baldwin for getting parts, and I have a =
customer waiting on bass strings for a Baldwin 248.  The newer 48" =
model.  The replacement strings are the totally wrong strings.  I have =
no idea what these folks are doing at Baldwin.  I have removed the old =
strings and when the new ones were the wrong size I figured the customer =
could wait for the correct ones.  That was a month ago. =20

  I know there are changes they are making with the new ownership, but =
come on.  Let's see some improvement.  I rarely get a call back when I =
leave a message. =20

  So, enough ranting.  I know this list is famous for ranting.  Where do =
I go to get more strings.  I do have the original strings, but they are =
the wrong size, hence that's why they are being replaced.  I figured it =
was odd to have the copper wrappings extending a half inch above the "V" =
bar.  Honestly, how did that make it out of the factory?

  I have no numbers for Mapes or any other manufacturer.  I didn't =
figure any of them would have scale sticks for this model any way.  Who =
do I turn to.  My customer has waited long enough.

  Mike Bratcher=20
  MBrat70179@aol.com=20