Bridging the cap?/ Restoration feasibility

Sun, 16 Dec 2001 09:46:27 -0800

Dale:

Sorry, I realize that's what you were saying and appreciate your =
directness with your customers.  I just wanted to emphasize this point =
because I have encountered some jobs over the years that were sold =
without consideration as to the value of the instrument.  People were =
unaware that their $12,000.  restoration job only netted them a piano =
worth only $4500.

David Love
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Erwinspiano@AOL.COM=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: December 16, 2001 6:47 AM
  Subject: Re: Bridging the cap?/ Restoration feasibility

  In a message dated 12/15/2001 10:59:19 PM Pacific Standard Time, =
davidlovepianos@earthlink.net writes:=20

    Subj:Re: Bridging the cap?/ Restoration feasibility=20
    Date:12/15/2001 10:59:19 PM Pacific Standard Time=20
    From:    davidlovepianos@earthlink.net (David Love)=20
    Sender:    owner-pianotech@ptg.org=20
    To:    pianotech@ptg.org=20

    Dale:=20

    I agree with you but I do think it is important to be as thorough as =
possible in advising the customer if the cost of rebuilding exceeds the =
completed value of the piano, or if the general quality of the =
instrument doesn't justify the cost.  If the client has other =
motivations, such as sentimental value, then they may go ahead anyway.  =
I have done several such jobs.   But in order for the client to make an =
intelligent decision, they should know all of the relevant information.=20

    David Love=20

  David=20

  I believe that is what I said just in different words.=20
         Dale=20