Temperament, A pianist responds

Don Rose drpt@sk.sympatico.ca
Sun, 16 Dec 2001 11:39:31 -0600

Hi Bill,

Comments below.

At 08:09 AM 12/16/2001 -0500, you wrote:

>     This kind of error has been named, "Reverse Well" (RW).

Who named it "reverse well"? Or is this a term you created?

>My EBVT contains 3rds which range from 7 to 18 cents, easily within >the
range that most people find quite pleasing.  Moreover, most >people as well
never recognize consciously that the piano is tuned >differently from the
usual.  I consider this an advantage, not a >disadvantage because the
pianist and/or listener *accepts* the >tuning as a normal sound. The
*normalcy* results because I have >remained within the bounds of error that
most people make when >trying to tune ET.

>Bill Bremmer RPT

In other words most people never hear the difference between your EBVT, ET
*OR* "reverse well"?

Regards,

mailto:drpt@sk.sympatico.ca
http://us.geocities.com/drpt1948/