virus on me

Sun, 16 Dec 2001 16:10:09 +0100

Carl,  I can only say that each and everyone of us would do very well to get
ourselves as computer savy and as virus informed as is possible.  There is a
lot we can do to prevent being hit, tho we cant seemingly stay 100 % safe or
always ahead of the game.

Still, having a virus on your machine for two months in this day and age is
completely avoidable, and being able to know whether the phone company
fellow in your example was correct or not, is also completely within
"everymans" capabilities.  Having to pay to get your puter fixed can get to
be pretty expensive, and things are going to get worse before they get
better methinks.

I buy a magazine from the UK called PCPlus. They put out several variant and
one has to do wit internett security issues. I am sure such magazines are
available in the US. Pick them up from time to time, and read about all
this. As time goes by I am sure you will find there is lots of information
you can relate to.

Welcome to the ADSL world....  get a firewall as soon as you can.... have a
nice day. grin.

RicB

--
Richard Brekne