puzzler (bellyrail angle)

Newton Hunt nhunt@optonline.net
Fri, 14 Dec 2001 08:14:54 -0500

Hi Stephen,

> The old approach was to include the box as a component in achieving

I thought is strange, in some ways, that some instruments were made
plain to then fit into an elaborately made case.  Two separate
entities.  I think that would be rather restrictive in terms of
"embodiment"

Having the "furniture" (embodiment) as part of the tonal structure is
sensible but not at the expense of durability.  I don't think we have
come to a consensus as to how "strong" or how "weak" a case, plate,
structure should be for best compromise between good tone and acceptable
durability, that would be very interesting research.

> > Now that I have my pants on I am finding it harder to think
>
> Constipation has it's value, Newton.

I have been known to think on my feet, in public, on a rare occasion. :)

Hard work though.

		Newton