puzzler (bellyrail angle)

Newton Hunt nhunt@optonline.net
Fri, 14 Dec 2001 07:51:24 -0500

> The design we're now building in many ways is a
> blend of both old and new.

I can not conceive of you doing anything else.  The manufacturing
segment has forgotten the real purpose of a piano, to create music.  In
my mind anyway, the modern piano is less an object d'art and more like a
street boom box (or boom car).

I know I am a heretic but that is ok, I been lots of other unpleasant
things as well, might as well burn me for a witch as for any other
reason.

I would like to see more attention paid to the musical articulation of
action, more tone distinction by brand and careful attention to
durability and quality.  Oh on, more heretical thinking!

For the sake of humanity stand up and be different and not "me tooism".

> I call a post-modern piano. In keeping with Del and John
> I reserve the right to not reveal myself in public

I have done this a lot.  The thought is a lot worse than the reality.

I love to teach, ok, I am a braggart showing off what I know, but I
always figured that if I showed someone what I know I will learned from
that teaching and by the time someone came up to speed of that concept I
will be a mile further down the road.  Life has to be a sharing,
exchanging, growing and expanding experience.  Holding "secrets" is
retardation and growth stunting.  That path I never want to go down.

Ok, end of rant.

Have a beautiful and loving day everyone.

		Newton