Grotrian

Joe & Penny Goss imatunr@srvinet.com
Thu, 6 Dec 2001 16:48:33 -0700

Hi,
Just wondering if the bolts are cariage bolts with a square shoulder.
If so there might be a wood covering the nuts from below.
Joe Goss
imatunr@srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Richard Brekne=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Thursday, December 06, 2001 4:18 PM
  Subject: Re: Grotrian

  nirran wrote:=20
    Richard Brekne
     =20
    Thank you for your reply.=20

    Since 1974 I did a lot of uprights and grands rebuilding jobs.

  Ah... sorry to have misunderstood.=20

    On this Grotrian the problem is that the bolts on the upper part of =
the plate are without
    Any slot, or access to any nut.

  Im not sure I quite understand... are you saying that the plate screws =
are ... shall we say bald ? How on earth were they tightened then ? I =
will ask the fellow in town who sells these to see if he knows anything =
about this kinda thing, but perhaps someone else has run into this =
before ?=20

   =20
  The piano is already without strings. By the way, it has some strings =
with three windings in the low bass and some with very thin diameter =
before the cross section.=20

  Can you recommend of a very good winder in  =3D "Europe?=20

  I have not found anyone yet who does consistantly top quality work. =
Some of em sorta automatically take it upon themselves to recalculate =
the string scale so be carefull. This isnt always what one wants or what =
is best.   Mostly I end up useing the ex Yamaha importers in Norway as =
we are not part of the Europe Union thingy... so buying out of county =
gets real expensive. John Delcour would be able to help you I am =
sure...grin.. tho I suppose he would recommend himself.=20

  Sorry John... couldnt help myself. :)=20

  If nobody else pipes in, I will see what I can find out for you =
tommorrow.. its late here now.. I am off to bed=20

  --=20
  Richard Brekne=20
  RPT, N.P.T.F.=20
  Bergen, Norway=20