Thu, 06 Dec 2001 21:34:31 +0100

nirran wrote:

> List
>

> I'm working on an upright Grotrian 128 No.38251.
>
> Is any body knows how to remove the plate to get access to
> the soundboard?
>
> There are "blank" bolts on the upper side of the plate.
>
> Rani Ni

Reduce tension on the strings, remove them, and loosen and
remove the bolts. I would advise you tho to get some help
from somebody who really knows how to do this kind of stuff.
There are plenty enough things that can  go wrong in the
process of removal and replacement, some of them pretty
serious depending on what you are going to do.

Still, if you insist on going it alone, the boys in the band
here generally do the best they can to coach you through.

What are you going to do to the soundboard ?

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.