piano calendars

Joseph Alkana josephspiano@attbi.com
Thu, 6 Dec 2001 08:19:24 -0800

Kent,
Actually, a "permanent" collection of pictures could be amassed, then =
printed as a separate folio with one large calendar showing the whole =
year attached. Or. vice versa as a lot of calendars are done, with one =
picture and tear-off calendar months placed separately on the page. Done =
all the time, you just have to find the right pictures and get a good =
printer. And start very early in the year!
Joseph Alkana  RPT
josephspiano@attbi.com
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Kent Swafford=20
  To: pianotech list=20
  Sent: Thursday, December 06, 2001 5:21 AM
  Subject: Re: piano calendars

  On 12/6/01 1:44 AM, "Thos. Carpenter" <carpthos@televiso.com> wrote:

  > Every year, at this time, I always wonder if there are any calendars =
available
  > with beautiful pictures of pianos, with which I may have the name of =
my
  > business incorporated on, to give to some of my preferred clientele.
  > Does anyone on our list know of such an existing calendar? and if =
not, might
  > this be something the Guild could consider putting together for us?
  > Tom Carpenter

  If the Piano 300 exhibit at the Smithsonian showed anything, it was =
that
  there is interest among the general public in pianos. A piano calendar =
might
  be of general interest, but would be difficult to produce I suspect, =
because
  of the difficulty of collecting high quality photographs of =
interesting
  pianos. Such a project would likely be beyond what the PTG could pull =
off
  unless we could obtain the rights to an existing collection of photos. =
  calendar project would be very expensive because the inventory would =
have a
  much, much shorter life than our other products, that is, a 2002 =
calendar
  would not be worth anything to us in 2003.

  Kent Swafford