Tarn-X

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Wed, 5 Dec 2001 08:07:48 -0800

Roger & all,
I've been using Tarn-X for years. It does a good job of cleaning brass. BUT,
be aware that it eats steel!!! Many years ago, in a different life, when I
was working with Del, he had me take the agraffes off of a grand and feed
them on a piece of piano wire. I closed the loop of each section group. Put
them in a glass bowl and poured the Tarn-X in. We left the bowl by the front
door, so that it would be the first thing on our mind when we returned the
next day. When Del tried to open the door, it wouldn't open all the way.
During the night, the Tarn-X ate the piano wire and off course, the wire
broke, sprung open and threw agraffes all over the place. I first had to
find all of them, (scattered all over the shop), and then spent the
remainder of the week sorting them so they would fit back in the plate!
Major object lesson! hehe
Del...., I didn't forget.<G>
Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)