Steinway "nasal" sound

antonis karavelis antkarav@otenet.gr
Wed, 5 Dec 2001 17:31:11 +0200

               =20
Hi,
I am servicing a S&S model C, 15 years old. The sound is quite pleasant =
but it lacks that characteristic "nasal" quality around C3 that is so =
unique in S&S and makes their sound recognizable, I beleive. Is it =
possible with any special voicing technice (or any other "trick") to =
achieve this tone quality on this instrument or  this is inherent to the =
soundboard of a piano and nothing cone be done afterwards?=20
=20
Antonis Karavelis
Athens-Greece
E-mail: antkarav@otenet.gr  =20