Modal Analysis (was Negative bearing (long))

Brian Trout grandrestorations@yahoo.com
Tue, 4 Dec 2001 12:05:47 -0800 (PST)

--- Ron Nossaman <RNossaman@KSCABLE.com> wrote:
<snip> ...There are surely a number of
> securely locked rooms in the
> industry. I wonder what they already contain
> that we are unaware of.
>
> Ron N

Hi Ron,

Mention this to Roger Jolly in reference to
Yamaha and you're likely to get a chuckle.  I've
heard a story or two myself.

Yes, I believe there are companies doing some
R&D, but as many have suspected, I doubt they're
doing a lot of talking about their expensive,
hard earned, proprietary findings.  I believe
Yamaha is one.  Kawai may be another.  Baldwin
was sort of "on again-off again". (Who knows
where they're at now??)  Don't know much about
any of the others major names.

And then there's the little guys like Del F., Ron
O., (should I include you, Ron N.?) that are
taking the initiative and doing their own R&D and
I applaud their (your) efforts.

'Nuff out o' me.  Back to work...

"I owe, I owe, it's off to work I go..."

Brian T.

=====
Brian Trout
Grand Restorations