Baldwin SD-10 trichord dampers

Dale Probst wardprobst@cst.net
Tue, 4 Dec 2001 05:51:04 -0600

Hi Diane,

You can contact Stacy Yoak at Baldwin, I got some parts recently from
him.
Stacy Yoak [stacy.yoak@bpao.com]
Best regards,
Dale
Dale Probst, RPT
Ward & Probst, Inc.
email: wardprobst@cst.net
(940)691-3682 voice
(940) 691-6843 fax

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org] On Behalf
Of Diane Hofstetter
Sent: Monday, December 03, 2001 5:45 PM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Baldwin SD-10 trichord dampers

Dear List,

A  1986 Baldwin SD-10 needs new tri-chord damper wedges.  The current
ones
look like two "W"s, attached at the center just above the middle string.

What has happened is that the formerly smooth edges on the outside have
become cut by the outer two strings.  Now the dampers hang up on the
outer
strings and do not dampen the middle string.  I have managed to make a
temporary, sort-of fix by inserting string in the center of the damper,
the
string lands on the middle strings and sort-of dampens them.

Obviously it needs new trichords!  The problem is what damper felts to
use
and how to contact Baldwin if theirs are best.  Any advice will be
greatly
appreciated!

Diane

Diane Hofstetter