Tighting Mason resonator

Sat, 1 Dec 2001 22:32:23 -0800

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Greg Newell=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: December 01, 2001 9:53 PM
  Subject: Re: Tighting Mason resonator

  Del and Dale,=20
      Aren't they somewhat tonal? If you strike them with, say, a rubber =
mallet wouldn't you get a kind of a BONG sound? How about adjusting them =
how you adjust bicycle spokes? All the same pitch!=20
  Greg=20

  P.S. any reason to lower the pitch first?  =20

Well, like I say, I pound on them. Or, bang on them. Take your pick. I =
don't care if they are the same pitch, after all, they aren't all the =
same length. And I doubt M&H took care to match their mass. I'm just =
concerned that they don't rattle and buzz.=20

I can't think of any reason to lower pitch first.

Del