S&S tuning pins...let me clarify

pianolover 88 pianolover88@hotmail.com
Thu, 23 Aug 2001 09:01:39 -0700

Wim,

As many others have already attested, one of the benefits of tuning pin
bushings IS to reduce "flagpoling", and yes, good hammer technique is also
going to help, in most cases, but not entirely eliminate it. But Certain
pins are still predisposed to "felxing", some much more than others, and all
i'm saying is that Bushings would defintely keep this flexing to a minimum
by filling the space created by the hole in the plate. Since S&S does not
use bushings, and combined with the SUPER tight pins,(at least in the 2 L's
I tuned recently), ***SOME***flexing is much more likely, even with the best
technique.
Oh, and in my last post about S&S verts, I DID state that he redering
problem IS a result of the pressure bar, as quoted below from my last post).
I appreciate all the positive feedback!

>In a message dated 8/22/01 11:12:09 AM Central Daylight Time,
>pianolover88@hotmail.com writes:

the S&S verticals. Yes, the pressure bar makes them
> > notorious for rendering problems,<<

Terry Peterson
Precision Piano Service
Torrance, CA