bass dampers - question about trichord wedges

Stephen Airy stephen_airy@yahoo.com
Thu, 23 Aug 2001 09:01:05 -0700 (PDT)

My Ricca & Son has monochords from A1-F#10, bichords
from G11-B27, and triple-string plain notes (trichords
-- not sure if you use it universally or only for
wound trichords) from C28-C88.  The break is at
B27/C28 and all trichords are plain wire.  Currently
all my trichord dampers are flat felt and all my
bichord and monochord are wedges.  I was wondering --
up to approximately how far would you recommend
putting trichord wedge dampers in?  I have no plans to
rescale my piano (as in replace trichord plain notes
with bichord wound notes).  I currently have a set of
50 flat felt dampers (way more than enough) so I can
replace those, but I don't yet have the wedges.  What
do you think the approximate cost of the wedges would
be?