reference book(s)

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Mon, 30 Apr 2001 16:10:51 -0500

Mike Spalding Marks'

Hi Mike, Brian,

The Marks' is number one on my list (thank you Mike), with Roarcks and the
Shock and Vibration Handbook close behind. I haven't gotten a look at any
of these yet (except Marks', a long time ago when I didn't need it and
couldn't afford it anyway), so I'll probably go browse in the book stores
and buy used. Like Mike said, the materials properties most likely haven't
changed between editions. I do wonder, however, what else might have been
added between 1987 and 2000. I'd really hate to find something wonderful
and useful in the 10th edition that wasn't in the 8th that I bought to save
$90. Of course I've already wasted a lot more than $90 worth of time
chasing information through everything I own and still coming up dry, so...

The Encyclopedia of Wood, and Modern Timber Engineering, along with
Understanding Wood, are all very good references for designing and building
with dead trees.

>Good luck in your search.  Hope you find the "Holy Grail Piano Handbook"!!

That's one delusion I'm not suffering under. Possibly the only one. I'll
settle for a reasonably thorough basic information source I can use to get
into my own brand of trouble. Good to hear from you again Brian.

Thanks guys.

Ron N