missing plate SCREWS

Tvak@AOL.COM Tvak@AOL.COM
Sat, 28 Apr 2001 19:40:28 EDT

In a message dated 4/28/01 9:33:45 AM, tomtuner@mediaone.net writes:

<<  You mentioned bolts. Do you mean screws? In any case, on principal, I
would

replace them.Tom Driscoll >>

Yes.  I always tighten the screws on the plate before tuning, and I found one
to be completely missing, the other one sitting in its hole, sheared off
halfway down.  I can certainly replace the one that's missing easily enough;
the one still half in the hole will be more difficult.

What are the consequences of this condition?  Will the piano be less stable
in pitch?  Will the plate be under undue stress and more prone to cracking?
Will gas prices continue to rise throughout George W.'s term?

Just a relative newbie wondering,

Tom S.
Chicago PTG Associate