VT'er & UT Stretch ?

joe2332 joegum@webtv.net
Thu, 26 Apr 2001 22:35:00 -0400 (EDT)

    Hello.  If no one minds, I'd like to post a question to my fellow
Veritunists re octave stretch and Unequal Temperaments.  (Or, to any one
else that has an opinion.)
When tuning in ET,  the recommended protocol is to use "Average Stretch"
for most pianos.  (It is, in fact, the default setting.) However, it's
also recommended that the "Clean" setting be used for spinets and
"Expanded" setting be used for large grands.  Would these same protocols
apply when tuning in an UT? Or, would the "Clean" setting be best for
all pianos tuned in an UT, regardless of size?  Or, are there some UTs
where one octave stretch strategy would be best, while others where
another would be best?  Also, are there any UTs in the Verituner's
memory where tuning with A equalling a frequency other that 440 c.p.s.
would be preferable?                                     I'm only just
beginning to explore the Verituner's UTs (Tonight I used the "Factory
tuners of 1840."  LUVVED it!)       Thank you in advance for your help
and advice.       -Joe G.