Associate to associate

Richard Brekne rbrekne@broadpark.no
Thu, 26 Apr 2001 19:51:43 +0200

Jolly... I just gotta say again that I really admire your standpoint and
postings on this subject... comments below..

jolly roger wrote:

> Hi xxxxx,
>            Don't use me for an example, <G> you may get me in hot water.
> I'm just not into exams.

Besides... speak for your selves... your opinions are valuable enough on their
own.

> I even dread going to the doctor.

So THATS what this is all about for you then is it Rog...:) I got the same
problem with Dentists..

> Where a chapter acts like Dave R.  and his group (I think it may be
> Ottawa),  the process is very positive. How ever there are so few chapters
> like that.  his chapter is very focused on the education and up grading,
> and should be applauded.

Here here !! and Well put.

> Another personal note,  I will for ever be a student in this business.
> RPT should mean no more or no less than you are serious about studying
> piano technology.   The guy's that scare me, are the one's that pass the
> exam, and think they have arrived. Put a set of needles in their hands and
> they are dangerous.  Not one question or exam standard on voicing. A
> craftsman that does not have to know about intonation, tonal balance, or
> phasing.  mmmmmmmm  Now that's food for thought.

Serious food for thought........Its ok to be proud of passing the present RPT
test... but it really represents the least of what we can ask of
technicians... certainly nothing to go around banging your chest about.
Golly... a fresh baked RPT..... and an ape with a machine gun....never thought
they could have anything in common.

> For those who want a regulated learning process, the pace, and exam
> programme is first class.   It's fair and transparent, thus giving a clear
> goa.  It's just not for me.
>
> regards Roger

I understand Roger.....but regardless... you should take the test... and you
would pass hands down..... But we get into personall philosophies real quick
here so we can continue this side of the discussion perhaps sometime in
private.

Shoot.... I got a dentists appointment next wed.... ultra sound teeth and root
cleaning... help....!!
--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.