Associate to associate

Richard Brekne rbrekne@broadpark.no
Thu, 26 Apr 2001 18:46:28 +0200

Jlovekeys@AOL.COM wrote:

> In a message dated 4/25/01 5:31:02 PM, rbrekne@broadpark.no writes:
>
> << the fact that if you cannot pass the present RPT test.. then you are not
> ready to
> take folks money. >>
> Hi Richard, Did you tune for free before passing the RPT exams?
> Jim Love
> PTG Associate
> Midland, tx.

You miss by two points.... for one I said nothing about not haveing passed the
test... I said not BEING ABLE to pass the test.

I also went out of my way to underline the fact that there are plenty of
associates who are fully capable of tuning.

Put the two together and you have my opinion. I have also stated on a number of
occassions that I personally feel my past as a piano tech would have been much
much better served had I been required to reach and demonstrate this  basic
level of skill before entering the profession, which I believe answers your
question as best as it can be...

I find the "outrage" expressed by a few to be ...  difficult to understand. I
fail to see that Davids post deserved such treatment

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.