Associate to associate

jolly roger baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Thu, 26 Apr 2001 10:54:04 -0500

>Now that I know Roger is "only" an associate what motivation do I have
>for becomming rpt?    I served my apprenticeship and was fortunat to
>be

Hi ric,
           Don't use me for an example, <G> you may get me in hot water.
I'm just not into exams. I even dread going to the doctor.
Where a chapter acts like Dave R.  and his group (I think it may be
Ottawa),  the process is very positive. How ever there are so few chapters
like that.  his chapter is very focused on the education and up grading,
and should be applauded.
   Another personal note,  I will for ever be a student in this business.
RPT should mean no more or no less than you are serious about studying
piano technology.   The guy's that scare me, are the one's that pass the
exam, and think they have arrived.
Put a set of needles in their hands and they are dangerous.  Not one
question or exam standard on voicing. A craftsman that does not have to
know about intonation, tonal balance, or phasing.  mmmmmmmm  Now that's
food for thought.
For those who want a regulated learning process, the pace, and exam
programme is first class.   It's fair and transparent, thus giving a clear
goa.  It's just not for me.

regards Roger