Associate to associate

Richard Brekne rbrekne@broadpark.no
Thu, 26 Apr 2001 12:02:40 +0200

JIMRPT@AOL.COM wrote:

> In a message dated 4/25/2001 6:33:16 PM, Richard B. wrote:
>
> <<<"what is "santification" anyways">>
> a misspelling of "sanctification" :-)

I knew that... just prodding you a bit... but then you knew that as well...:)

> <<"the 80% mark is simply a curve
> based grading system.">>
> Nope..wrong answer..want to call a friend?
> Straight line grading all the way...if three people take the test at the same
> time each is graded individually on the basis of the standards and not what
> the test scores of the others were.

The test was origionally set up so that 80% of the existing proffesionals would
pass.. and 20 % fail... thats classic grading curve. Nothing straight line about
it.. and how on earth could that be accomplished anyways ?? (exception of the
written.. thats straight line enough). How can you set a straight line percentage
figure on a string being out of tune ?? lol..

> <<"It has nothing to do with "how often" you can perform any
> skill... it has to do with how well you perform certain skills compared to a
> level established for the pursposes of measuring these.">>

> Care to de-murkify your meaning here?
> What is "pursposes" anyway? :-)

ROLF:... purposes.... misspeiled word...:) Our test isnt a judge of how often we
can do a thing well enough... its a test of whether we can do a think well enough
at all. I realize that you were illustrateing the border condition of just barely
passing the test...

> As for "friends"......I have no reason to think otherwise...after all I am an
> equal opportunity disagreer. :-)

Great.. those are the best kinds of disagreerers.... you can have some great beer
conversations with such folks.. :)

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.