Baldwin's last gasps?

Richard Moody remoody@midstatesd.net
Thu, 26 Apr 2001 01:35:56 -0500

Hey... maybe we all should pool together and put up the necessary
    $49.95 and get Del to turn the company around.... what do ya'll
say
    ?? I can see it now... "PTG techs save One time Piano Giant from
    demise ...."

  I'm afraid it will take a little more than $49.95 to buy Baldwin.
Last year I
  heard that the company is worth about $33 million. If all PTG
members (about
  4000 of us). each put up about $8500, we'd have ourselves a piano
company to
  call our own.

  Then all we have to do is figure out a way to pay Del.

  Willem

--------

Under the circumstances, I'll take it in cash up front, thank you... I
feel duty bound to point out, of course, that I'm not at all equipped
to function as a company CEO. A piano designer, yes, but I do know my
place.

It would take a negotiator to appoach Baldwan and ask what they would
sell the piano division for.  (given the recent history of Baldwin
selling off some of their other divisions)   If certain stock holders
knew certain technicians were interested a deal might be in the
making.    ---ric