Associate to associate

Richard Brekne rbrekne@broadpark.no
Thu, 26 Apr 2001 00:25:29 +0200

JIMRPT@AOL.COM wrote:

>  Looked at rationally the tests for RPT do not supply "santification" but
> rather are proof that if you pass them you can perform the skills at least
> 80% of the time. Of course if you 'do' perform these skills at the 80% level
> eventually it is also enough proof to get you thrown out of the Guild.

This paragraph is in error and does not represent the truth of the matter.
Grin...and what is "santification" anyways...?...the 80% mark is simply a curve
based grading system. It has nothing to do with "how often" you can perform any
skill... it has to do with how well you perform certain skills compared to a
level established for the pursposes of measuring these.

>  Becoming an RPT only allows one to participate more fully in the political
> and policy making of PTG and does not make one more of a 'member' than an
> Associate is. In the end becoming an RPT, or not becoming an RPT, is a
> personal choice and nothing more.

hmmmm..

> David one need only look at the long list of Associates in PTG who are
> respected and admired by 'all' members to realize that it ain't the title
> what counts. What PTG does not need is another RPT who feels that somehow or
> other a mere Associate is somehow beneath us or less than valuable to us all.

The truth in this statement should not be understated.. but that does'nt change
the fact that if you cannot pass the present RPT test.. then you are not ready to
take folks money.

> My View.
> Jim Bryant (FL)

Mine too...grin. hope we're still freinds Jim :)

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.