Baldwin's Troubles Deep

Billbrpt@AOL.COM Billbrpt@AOL.COM
Wed, 25 Apr 2001 14:08:53 EDT

In a message dated 4/25/01 12:51:39 PM Central Daylight Time, rrg@nevada.edu
(Robert Goodale) writes:

> Here is a headline article from the April issue of the Music Trades.  It
> sounds pretty grim.

Wow, Rob.  Thanks for posting this.  All I really had was a gut feeling.
It's just that those model B and C were so consistently problematic and
obviously so cheaply and sloppily built.  When there are still so many
choices of relatively good, solid pianos available, who would buy a Baldwin?

A local person here said recently, "When Liberace died, so did the interest
in Baldwin pianos".

I sure do hope that someone does do the right things and make the right
choices to save the company.  There is a market for good quality pianos,
expensive pianos.  There is no market for cheap, new junk.

HEY BALDWIN!!!  LISTEN TO DEL, HE KNOWS WHAT HE'S TALKING ABOUT!!!

Bill Bremmer RPT
Madison, Wisconsin