How long does it take to tune the average Piano?

Newton Hunt nhunt@optonline.net
Wed, 25 Apr 2001 14:01:26 -0400

> There is a world record. Steve Fairchild from Connecticut
> claims this. At a seminar he gave a demonstration og
> a 1/2 step pitch raise and tuning in 18 minutes.
> Check the Guinnes Book to check his record.

Steve pitch raised a spinet 1 whole step (I think) and tuned it three times in just
over thirty minutes.  The first pass was about six minutes.  I was there and
somewhere in the basement I have the original recording of the demonstration on a 10
1/2" reel.  An amazing accomplishment physically and mentally.

At least _one_ of us got into the book.

		Newton