Young Chang Action Bracket Growth

Jon Ralinovsky ralinoj@muohio.edu
Tue, 24 Apr 2001 07:36:22 -0500

>Hey Piano Folks! I serviced a 1984 Young Chang G-157  #G011849 grand today
>that has a poor performing action: high downweights, high friction, needs
>full regulation, etc. etc. I know, nothing new here! But one thing I had not
>looked at while I was there was the action brackets. I am aware that a
>particular range of serial numbered Young Changs (I think from the 1980s)
>have the problem of action bracket growth - but I am not aware of what that
>range is. Does anyone have that information?
>
>Terry Farrell
>Piano Tuning & Service
>Tampa, Florida
>mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com

Hi Terry,
I asked Phil Glenn (Young Chang rep) about this a while ago, and he
said that most of the pianos he saw with bad action brackets were
from 1991, 1992, and 1993.  This doesn't mean that yours doesn't have
the problem, just that most of the bad brackets were from this time
period.  If you need more information, you can always write Phil
Glenn: phil_glenn@yca.tzo.com

Respectfully,
Jon

Jon Ralinovsky