Soundboard Springs. Long.

Jon Page jonpage@mediaone.net
Tue, 24 Apr 2001 06:52:07 -0400

At 10:25 PM 04/23/2001 -0700, you wrote:
>About the soundboard spring idea . . .<snip>
>Good luck to those adventurous enough to go where few have gone before.
>Regards,
>Del

This got me thinking again...about an idea I had a few years ago.
Instead of a spring installed at the KO (Killer Octave) how about an
auxiliary rib.

This would be supported at the belly rail and at the rim. The only contact
point on
the soundboard would be a spacer between this rib and the area under the
bridge.
I guess it would not really be a rib but a torsion bar (if that is the
right term).

Having the bar supported on the bellyrail, the tension would be adjusted by
the height of the
bar at the rim support.

Thing that make you go....hhhhhmmmmmmmmmmm,

Regards,

Jon Page,   piano technician
Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass.
mailto:jonpage@mediaone.net