Fw: Fw: Bridge caps: box wood vs maple

jolly roger baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Sat, 21 Apr 2001 00:39:36 -0500

Hi Dale,
             The Box wood that I have worked with, is much harder than
maple. SG of 1 vs SG of .85.  It is yellow in colour, and machines like
Hornbeam.  Very little tear out and almost looks sanded when, drilled or
routered.
After reading Ron's link I don't know what it was. But I bought it from a
specialty hard wood company as Boxwood.
I know Yamaha had to change the gluing process to get a satisfactory bond
to the bridge root.  No details unfortunately.
But they use it for all C series, top two treble sections.
Regards Roger