Tuning Stamina

Michael Jorgensen Michael.Jorgensen@cmich.edu
Thu, 19 Apr 2001 12:51:27 +0000

     To increase stamina, get experience and learn the capabilities of all types of instruments.  Attempts to exceed the limits of how well a piano allows itself to be tuned only leads to agonizing frustration and fatigue.  Learn to relax also, and worry not
about critical musicians.  If you know your theory and understand all of the limitations and impossiblities of tuning, no one can ever "bulldoze you".   Learning to zero in on that point of ideal pitch and tuning pin setting comes also with experience and tuning
gets faster and easier.   After 20 years, I feel about the same after five or six pianos as I did after three during my first couple of years.
-Mike