Tunelab97 Question

euphoniac@juno.com euphoniac@juno.com
Tue, 17 Apr 2001 15:59:36 -0400

Greg,

I'm sorry that it took so long for me to write back with my Tunelab97
questions.  Today was the first day that I actually tried to tune a piano
with Tunelab.

Question #1:

Are you actually supposed to make the black squares stop in order for the
string to be exactly in tune?  I was able to get close to making them
stop, but there was still some movement.

Question #2:

When I get ready to exit the program after I have tuned a piano, and it
asks me if I want to save the file, what is it that I'm actually saving?
Am I saving the inharmonicity or everything that I did during the tuning?
 If it is the inharmonicity that I am saving, when I tune this particular
piano again, will I need to measure the inharmonicity again?

Question #3:

While in the "Autoselect" mode, as I tune higher than A4, Tunelab doesn't
seem to change the octaves in A5 and above.  Should this be happening?
Is there something more that I need to do maybe in the calibration area?

I look forward to hearing your responses.

Thanks again,

Don Palmire

Don Palmire
Euphonium