Warranty dilemma/ Update/Baldwin C

Ritchiepiano@AOL.COM Ritchiepiano@AOL.COM
Tue, 17 Apr 2001 13:33:59 EDT

In a message dated 4/15/01 6:53:52 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com writes:

<<
 Please keep us informed of the outcome. I would sure like to know what
 Baldwin does.

 Terry Farrell
 Piano Tuning & Service
 Tampa, Florida
 mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com

Hello Terry Farrell & John Ross and other interested parties;

I did have the client contact the dealer, who in turn contacted
me. I informed the dealer of the situation and condition of the
subject piano. He was _clearly_ aware of previous problems
encountered with the models B-1 and C pianos. Also, he made
available to me a previous service record that the tuning pins
had been "tapped in and pin block adjustments?"made in 1998.
The dealer will take the lead in the pursuit of remedy for this
client. I certainly feel this is the appropriate measure and was
gratified that, with a little prompting, the consumer will hopefully
be appeased. I try to remember that we are all consumers, and
I would hope that someone would take this stance for me.

Thanks to all who contributed to this dialogue,
and Mark Potters' thought
<<  I like to think of our role as that of a consultant, not a
warrior.>>
Mark Ritchie RPT